SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2018-2019 School Year
1. Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership Head Start Graduate Scholarship-Deadline Sept. 24
Two $250 scholarships awarded. Check your email. Application attached to email. CLOSED
2. Horatio Alger Scholarship-please check the information below. Application is online at horatioalger.org.
Deadline is October 25. Application information is attached to your email sent on 8/20/18. CLOSED
3. RHOP- (Chadron and Wayne State College) and KHOP (University of NE Kearney) CLOSED
Application for RHOP at Chadron is at csc.edu/sci/rhop/index.csc. Applications are due November 15, 2018
Application for RHOP at Wayne State College--apply FIRST to Wayne State College at
https://www.wsc.edu/apply SECOND--Apply at https://wsc.awardspring.com
The RHOP for Wayne State College application is open from Aug. 1 through Nov. 1, 2018. Applications are
due Nov. 1, 2018 for Wayne.
KHOP for UNK--application is at http://www.unk.edu/academics/health_sciences/scholarshipprograms.php
Click on link for application on that page-be sure to Create an Account FIRST. Applications are due by Nov. 15,
RHOP application for Peru State College will be available from September 1st to November 15th. All
materials must be received no later than November 15th. To be eligible for RHOP at Peru, the applicant must:
* Be a rural Nebraska resident (the following cities and towns are not considered rural and therefore not
eligible to apply to RHOP: Omaha, Ralston, Boys Town, Elkhorn, Lincoln, Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Chalco,
and Offutt Air Force Base).
* Be committed to practice in a rural Nebraska area.
* Be enrolled at Peru State College for the entirety of their discipline guideline
4. Martha and Don Romeo 4-H Scholarship 2019-Due Dec. 1, 2018. Check your email for the application. CLOSED
5. *SUSAN T. BUFFETT SCHOLARSHIP* www.buffettscholarship.org CLOSED
Online application opens October 1, 2018 DEADLINE FEBRUARY 1, 2019 by 5 PM!
You will need information from your parents' tax return. You will also need 2 recommendations from staff-these are four essay questions-DON'T ASK on JANUARY 31 for this! This takes awhile to do. You also need a transcript. AGAIN, DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE! Student FINANCIAL AID REPORT DUE AT THE SAME TIME.
6. * GRAND ISLAND COMMUNITY FOUNDATION * Over 60 scholarships available with just ONE application.
Scholarship Amounts range from $250 to $5,000! APPLICATION DEADLINE FEBRUARY 17, 2019 BY 4 PM. CLOSED
- Go to www.gicf.eformsolutions.com/gicf/applications
- Click on the Create a New Applicant link
- Complete the Online Application
7. * GIPS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP * APPLICATION DEADLINE FEBRUARY 7, 2019 CLOSED
8. *TITAN MACHINERY SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM * OPEN APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 1, 2019
Pays for all CCC Diesel Tech Program costs (tuition, fees, books, and tools-NOT room & board)
Selected students must work for Titan Machinery for 2 yrs. upon completing their diesel program.
- Make application to CCC and be accepted.
- Complete the Titan application-get this from the counselor’s office.
- Visit the CCC Diesel Program
- Provide Titan Machinery and CCC with an ACT score.
will apply to MANY scholarships at CCC for Grand Island, Hastings, or Columbus.
10. *UNK FUTURE TEACHERS SCHOLARSHIP * Deadline February 28, 2019 OPEN
- A high school student admitted to UNK for 2019-2020 may apply if they meet the following criteria:
a. High School GPA of at least 3.5
b. Minimum composite ACT score of 22 or SAT composite of 1140 OR a class rank in the top 25%.
Participate in an interview with College of Education faculty and staff. Interviews will be conducted using virtual meeting functionality. No trip to campus is required. Students will be notified of their selection beginning April 1, 2019.
11. * The Northeast Community College * scholarship application is now OPEN for the 2019-2020 academic year. Northeast offers a large variety of scholarships for students that are based on merit, financial need or other factors. Explore their scholarships and complete the Online Scholarship Form no later than March 1, 2019.
12. * GRAND ISLAND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AG COMMITTEE SCHOLARSHIP * Postmarked by March 1, 2019 OPEN
1. Must have a 3.00 or higher GPA 2. Complete form in counselor's office 3. Can be used for a program relating to agriculture/agribusiness 4. Living or attending school in Hall County. The top applicants will go through an interview.. Scholarship is valued at $500..
13. * PHEASANTS FOREVER * $1,000 scholarship Deadline March 1, 2019 OPEN
1. 2.5 GPA for a graduation senior for a Hall or Howard County high school and a resident of Hall or Howard County.
2. Complete application-get in counselor's office--submit essay, one letter of recommendation
3. Pursue career in conservation, natural resources, environmental education, agriculture, biology, or conservation law enforcement,
14. * ADK WOMEN EDUCATOR SCHOLARSHIP * TWO $500 SCHOLARSHIPS Deadline March 15, 2019 OPEN
1. Female Senior who attends school in Hall County (yes, Centura is OK)
2. Major in education at college next Fall.
3. Obtain application from counseling office.
15. * GATEWAY/KEARNEY FARM EXPO SCHOLARSHIP * Deadline March 25, 1029 OPEN
$1,000 scholarship for student pursuing a degree in agriculture (ag business, ag economics, production agriculture, or related field). 200 word easy, involved in non-academic activities, two letters of recommendation, transcript.
Abby Hadenfeldt won this award last year. Pick up application in counseling office.
16. * BUFFALO-HALL COUNTY CORN GROWERS SCHOLARSHIP* DEADLINE APRIL 1, 2019 OPEN
5 state scholarship for $2,000 for the Nebraska Corn Growers Association.-must be son or daughter of NeCGA.
Two $750 Scholarships--Need to be Senior who will be majoring in ag related field. Parent/guardian needs to be a member of the Buffalo-Hall County Corn Growers. Counseing office has the complete application.
17. *SOUTHERN POWER DISTRICT-UTILITY LINE SCHOLARSHIP * Deadline April 1, 2019 OPEN
High School Senior to attend one or two year program for utility line training.. $1,000 scholarship for one year program; $2,000 scholarship for two year program. If interested, you can "shadow" one of their lineman for a day. Pick up application in counseling office.
18.* Howard County Medical Center Auxilary * Deadline April 1, 2019 OPEN
Reside in Howard County- planning a career in medical or health related field. Two $1,000 scholarships awarded. See counseling office for more information.
19. * Sandhills Journey Scenic Byway Scholarship * Deadline April 1, 2019 OPEN
Must attend a high school along Highway 2 and show an interest in returning to the area after college graduation.
Two scholarships at $250 each will be awarded.
Come to the counseling office for the application and check your email for an attachment of the application.
20. * Junk Jaunt Scholarship * Deadline April 1, 2019 OPEN
Must live in Howard, Sherman, portions of Hall and Buffalo counties by Hwy 2, Garfield, Blaine, Custer, Greeley, Valley, and
Wheeler counties. Application emailed to all Seniors 2/21
21. * DUNLAP SCHOLARSHIP * Deadline April 9, 2019 OPEN
Complete cover letter for application
Need Activities Resume
Participate in an interview on Wed. April 17, 2019
More information will be coming from the counselor's office in March.
22. * Howard County Farm Bureau * Deadline April 12, 2019 OPEN
Application and information emailed 2/21 Must be going into an agriculture related field
23. * NEBRASKA COACHES ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP * Deadline April 15, 2019 OPEN
$1,000 scholarship for 8 individuals. Application form found at: www.ncacoach.org/lincolninnsuites.php
1. Upper 25% of class or 3.75 GPA
2. 2 year participant in 2 sports
3. Earned a varsity letter in 2 sports
4. Two letters of recommendation form HS coaches
5. Minimum ACT of 24
BASIC SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION - - - - - - - - - -
Scholarship information is sent to students in their school email. Emails begin in late Fall to all graduating Seniors, or as the information becomes available.
- Students should focus on college-based and local scholarships when searching for scholarships.
- Request letters of recommendation IN ADVANCE from teachers or staff.
- Review ScholarshipQuest at Education Quest.org to complete an Activities Resume for scholarships. Give this to teachers, staff, or other individuals that are completing a scholarship recommendation for you.
*Education Quest* www.educationquest.org
*Scholarship Monkey* www.scholarshipmonkey.com
*Fast Web Scholarships* www.fastweb.com
*American Educational Guidance Center*
1. Links to 70 online scholarship search sites...virtually every such site that exists.
2. Information on online colleges, community colleges, and four-year colleges by state
*HORATIO ALGER SCHOLARSHIP 2018 * APPLY BY OCTOBER 25th, 2018 CLOSED
1. Go to scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships
2. Scroll down to Learn More under How to Apply
3. Under State Scholarships click Learn More
4. Click on Apply Now-you will need a letter of support, a high school transcript, and income verification.
5. Application criteria:
- High school senior; graduate in 2019 with plans to enter college no later than the Fall following graduation
- Complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private college in the US (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
* FAFSA--Early FAFSA Open October 1, 2018 * STILL CAN APPLY
Please open the following link from EducationQuest.org that explains the FAFSA.
Parents can use 2017 taxes for 2019-20 FAFSA!
* CCC SCHOLARSHIPS * STILL OPEN INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE TO CCC BY MARCH 1, 2019
Applications are posted Dec. 1
Go to ccc.awardspring.com to register
Future Students tab-Financial Aid-
Scroll down and click on Financial Aid and Scholarship Guide to find out which ones are available
On left side > click Apply for Scholarships
You will need to answer two additional questions to be eligible for the High School Articulation Scholarship
(2 paragraphs, minimum of 5 sentences each)
*collegeboundnebraska* Must complete the FAFSA by April 1, 2019
UNO, UNL, UNK, or UNMC
Must be a Nebraska resident, full time student, and be Federal Pell Grant eligible. If your FAFSA said you will receive a Pell Grant, and you are attending one of the colleges listed above, then you should automatically be eligible for this scholarship.